apache投票机制

原文链接

概要总结

IMPLICATIONS OF VOTING

In some cases and communities, the exercise of a vote carries some responsibilities that may not be immediately obvious. For example, in some cases a favourable vote carries the implied message ‘I approve and I’m willing to help.’ Also, an unfavourable vote may imply that ‘I disapprove, but I have an alternative and will help with that alternative.’

The tacit implications of voting should be spelt out in the community’s guidelines. However, in no case may someone’s vote be considered invalid if the implied commitment doesn’t appear to be met; a vote is a formal expression of opinion, not of commitment.

If the R-T-C policy is in effect, a positive vote carries the very strong implied message, ‘I have tested this patch myself, and found it good.’ Similarly, a negative vote usually means that the patch was tested and found to be not -good, although the veto (for such it is in this case) may be based on other technical grounds.

EXPRESSING VOTES: +1, 0, -1, AND FRACTIONS

The voting process in Apache may seem more than a little weird if you’ve never encountered it before. Votes are represented as numbers between -1 and +1, with ‘-1’ meaning ‘no’ and ‘+1’ meaning ‘yes.’

The in-between values are indicative of how strongly the voting individual feels. Here are some examples of fractional votes and ways in which they might be intended and interpreted:

• +0: ‘I don’t feel strongly about it, but I’m okay with this.’
  • -0: ‘I won’t get in the way, but I’d rather we didn’t do this.’
  • -0.5: ‘I don’t like this idea, but I can’t find any rational justification for my feelings.’
  • ++1: ‘Wow! I like this! Let’s do it!’
  • -0.9: ‘I really don’t like this, but I’m not going to stand in the way if everyone else wants to go ahead with it.’
  • +0.9: ‘This is a cool idea and i like it, but I don’t have time/the skills necessary to help out.’

Votes should generally be permitted to run for at least 72 hours to provide an opportunity for all concerned persons to participate regardless of their geographic locations.

如果您从未遇到过,Apache的投票过程可能看起来有点怪异。投票用-1和+1之间的数字表示,“-1”表示“否”,“ + 1”表示“是”。 中间的值指示有投票权的人的感觉有多强。以下是部分表决的一些示例以及打算使用和解释它们的方式:

• +0:“我对此不太满意,但我对此表示同意。”
  • -0:“我不会妨碍您,但我希望我们不要这样做。”
  • -0.5:“我不喜欢这个主意,但是我找不到任何合理的理由来证明我的感受。”
  • ++ 1:“哇!我喜欢这个!我们开始做吧!’
  • -0.9:“我真的不喜欢这样,但是如果其他所有人都想继续前进,我不会妨碍自己。”
  • +0.9:“这是一个很棒的主意,我喜欢,但我没有时间/所需的技能来提供帮助。”

通常应允许投票至少运行72个小时,以使所有相关人员无论他们身在何处都可以参加。